CAS No.: 97-65-4 Molecular Weight: 130.10 Chemical Formula: C5H6O4
Synonyms: Methylenesuccinic acid; 2-Propene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid; Itaconate Appearance: white to light beige crystalline powder Density: 1.63 g/cm3 Purity: ≥99% Solubility: Soluble in water, ethanol or methanol. Application:
1) As cross-linking agent
2) As intermediate of synthetic fiber
3) As binding material
4) Applied to produce detergents
5) Producing adhesives
6) Producing dental sticker (adhesive)
7) Production of carbon fiber
8) Production of styrene-butadiene latex carboxylated
9) Production of unsaturated polyester resin and ion exchange resin
10) Production of textile reagent and organic chemical reagent Description About Itaconic Acid Cas 97-65-4:
Itaconic acid is unsaturated diprotic acid. It has unsaturated double bond and active chemical properties. It is insoluble in water, ethanol and other solvents.
Itaconic Acid is primarily used as a co-monomer in the production of styrene-butadiene-acrylonitrile and acrylate latexes with applications in the paper and architectural coating industry.
Itaconic acid is the material for producing citraconic acid and mesaconic acid etc...